Sunday, May 22, 2011

KITCHENS ALMOST DONE!

     So the past few days I've been working on the kitchen. I bought a little table tile saw from Harbor Frieght that has been doing an awesome job. We started with the granite, then the sink, and the past few days I've been making sure to carefully install our tile backsplash. Yesterday, I also changed all the outlets and switches in the kitchen to match the rest of the house. The tile came out really good and tomorrow, I'll be grouting and getting all that done. I also installed some under the cabinet lighting as a surprise for Katie... I hooked them all up to a switch and they look really nice. For a while this afternoon, Dad came over and we took the old microwave down and finished the tile job. I even got a little shock from the outlet... it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, but it woke me up. This evening, Katie and I organized a bit of our things and I moved in more clothes, then I tore up all the floor tiles in the kitchen. With that step, we officially have changed everything in the kitchen but the cabinets and the oven. It was a good day. Pictures will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment