Wednesday, March 30, 2011

THE POWERS OFF ALREADY!

     Today I had work from 8am until 8pm. I drove from Glendora to Culver City, from Culver City to Huntington Beach, and from Huntington Beach to San Fernando Valley, only to leave around 8 and head back to Glendora. Thankfully, my wonderful fiance volunteered to go to the condo and wash the walls and clean the place so that everything would be ready to paint. Just as I'm going into my meeting I get a call from Katie and she tells me that her garage door isn't working and I must have broken it when I was trying to program my cars built-in garage door opener, clicker, thingy (cuz thats the technical term). There wasn't any work that she could do, she didn't have a front door key and the only way she had to get into the house was through the garage. Needless to say, all the work Katie planned on doing was put on hold until I got home with the other garage door opener.
     I got back to Glendora, picked up Katie and we went to the condo only to find that the power had been shut off. I know, I know, I should have already put it in our name. But, in my defense, remember it was a rental property in the past and I've been able to successfully go days without a notice from the electric company and even then, the notice says they are going to turn stuff off in a few days. I thought no notice, no problem. I WAS WRONG. We left defeated, although I must admit I was relieved that I didn't actually break Katie's garage door opener. We went back to her house and spend the rest of the night setting up our utilities. We set up our power and gas so we wouldn't get caught in anymore problems. The next issue presented itself when we found out that Verizon had not set up FIOS in same area as the condo. My family has Time Warner and Katie's family, FIOS and after using and looking at both, we thought we would go with FIOS. We liked that it had a multi-room DVR and that it had a bunch of channels my family didn't have such as DIY (very important when setting up a new home) and Katie enjoys History International. We called Time Warner to see what they could offer us and if they had any substitutes for our concerns. It turns out Time Warner has both the multi-room DVR and a channel package that gives us exactly what we want. We have power, gas, internet, phone, and cable. I would still say its a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment