Monday, March 28, 2011

We Finally Got It!

     A friend of mine started an engagement blog and I thought to myself, "what a great idea." Its not everyday that a couple can share the process of something that is so special and memorable with those they care about and love. I was inspired to write this in an attempt to keep a record of the things we did together, the fights we had, and all the new experience Katie and I shared while setting up our first home.
     So it finally happened... After 3 years of paying the mortgage, Katie and I got the keys back from the last set of renters and we get to start setting up what will become our first home. The renters left the place in good shape, the rooms smelled nice, the carpet was clean and the back patio still had a working pump in the Koi pond and was void of an excess amount of leaves. I was so excited to pull my car into the garage that I would be parking in as I home from work. This is the same garage that would make the sound Katie or I would hear when the other got home. Its finally MY GARAGE!
     The flurry of ideas and the long list of things we still need to buy immediately started. I ended up staying up late and researching light fixtures, paint supplies, granite suppliers and "how-to" websites. By the end of the night, it was decided that it would be my job to go to Home Depot in the morning and buy the paint samples, put them up in various places and later that night Katie and I would decide which to choose. I know there is a lot of work ahead of us, but I have to admit I'm excited and really happy that soon, I'll be living in this place with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment