Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our First Piece of Furniture

     Today, Katie and I headed down to the condo together. We had to make use of the light we had, since the power doesn't actually get turned on until tomorrow. I took my Lil' Giant Ladder and the bar stools my parents bought us. We got in and Katie started washing the walls while I built the two bar stools that will probably double as a step stool and our only place to sit down for the next few weeks. After the project was complete I realized, as small as it was, that these were the first two pieces of furniture that Katie and I brought into our new home.
     Since the walls were done and the stools were built Katie and I began taping off the floors, the fireplace and anything else we didn't want to paint. She did a great job and I followed her up by carefully laying out tarps to cover the floors. I have a newly found appreciation for the work that Dexter puts into his murders. Carefully laying down tarps and taping them perfectly really takes a lot out of someone. Every time I mentioned Dexter, Katie got creeped out and told me to stop. After the tarps were up, Katie started painting primer on all the baseboards and corners. We worked until we ran out of light and met went to meet my mom for dinner.
     It was a great afternoon. I got to spend it with the girl I love, we got a ton of work done, we have something to show for it and I think I got my first glimpse of what a part of married life will be like. Something about the music streaming from Pandora, the warm weather and the work we got done together really made the afternoon a memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment