Sunday, April 3, 2011

FIREPLACE... DONE... well... almost

     I got up this morning and went to the Warrior Dash, while Katie went to the mall with her mom. We both took a much needed break from the all day condo work. Around 5pm I went to Wal-Mart for more blue tape and tarps, followed by a trip to Home Depot for "Fish Tape." Which apparently is a tool used to string wires through holes in wall or carpet.
    Finally, over to the condo, I put up the "Prius Ready" poster that I demanded from the Toyota dealership when I bought my Prius. I put the poster up in the garage and on my side of the garage at that. I'm really happy about it. Anyways... I started in on the master bedroom, taking down any switch plates, outlet covers, smoke detectors and so on. Then, because I actually do love taping, I taped off the master bedroom. It was quite a different experience taping on carpet as opposed to the nice easy wood or tile. This was followed by a dinner break to meet up with Katie and the rest of the family (Johnny included) for dinner and then back to the condo for a tour. We painted the rest of the fireplace mantel and the baseboards and my personal goal was to set up and mount the TV tonight. That was a no go. I was tired, and I thought that if I drilled into the wall, any dust that fell would fall right onto the fresh sticky paint. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment