Thursday, April 21, 2011

Its getting there... I almost have a place to sleep.


     The last few days have been hard. Katie and I are desperately trying to juggle the things we are experiencing with work for money and work at the condo. I can say that we are both doing an amazing job. Katie is being so supportive for her family, me and doing a great job at work. I have spent my hours trying to work and get things done at the condo while trying to see and be supportive with Katie. A lot has been done these past few days and I'll just go into some of them. First off, I was able to barrow a power sander from Mr. Barbie (a friend of the families) and got a ton of work done on the soon to be completed desk.

    As soon as I'm done sanding this monster I'll be able to stain it an ebony color and try and get some friends to help me get it up the stairs into my office. We'll see how that goes. Thank goodness for Mr. Barbie, he's the go to tool man. No matter what tool I need, I'm pretty confident that he has it, and will let me barrow it. I've gotta make sure not to break any of his stuff and not to upset him. I also recently finished the baseboards and outlets in the master suite. That means I'm one step closer to cleaning the carpets, buying furniture and getting to have a place to sleep at the condo. Here are some before and after shots from the same angle.


    After all the painting got finished and I cleaned up the tarps and tape, I went back and replaced all the outlets and switches and added a coaxial cover and covered up the old phone jack (we don't need one, its okay) It wasn't difficult, I was sure to shut off the power first though. 


     Everything is progressing pretty quickly. Here are some pictures of the patio set my neighbors gave us, and THE WHITE CHAIR IN ITS PLACE!



     PS... Our new friend for this week is Winston!

     Today was productive, I worked on the desk a bit more, Ryan came over and helped me reconfigure the ridiculous settings Time Warner put on the network. We now are able to hook up to XboX, and we have a guest network. We set up Apple TV with my Netflix and have my iphone acting as a remote. I was really happy Ryan helped me out with that stuff. I came back to the condo around 10pm and tarped off the closet in the master bedroom and began priming the walls. Katie and I both want nice closets and I've gotta prime those bad boys so we can paint it and get our clothes moved in. Good night... It's now only 1:40am... and I have work tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment