Monday, April 4, 2011

Nothing Went Right Today!

     I got to the condo around 12 and used the Fish Tape to actually rewire the fireplace mount. Then I spent about 45 minutes trying to solve the mathematical equation that is centering the TV mount on the fireplace. I left that job alone and went upstairs to the bedroom to finish taping and tarping so we could prime and paint. I ran home and got a couple things and headed back to the condo in time to meet with Katie and get some more work done. In the left over light of the day, Katie managed to go over all the edges of downstairs again to make it look better. I have to admit, while it was something I wouldn't have done, it made things look better. While she worked on the that, I got up above the fireplace and drilled the holes for the mounting bracket. Lifted the TV and realized that the coaxial cable pushed the TV back out because the mount was too thin. Katie and I went to Wal-Mart to buy a new coaxial cable, an HDMI cord, a right angle attachment to allow the TV to sit flush and an extension cord. We got to Wal-Mart and they only had the coaxial cable and an HDMI cable for $38 bucks. I wasn't about to pay that, so we went to target and didn't catch any breaks there. I immediately got on my phone and bought everything on ebay for $12 total. Its late and I'm once again tired, but we have a week of progress ahead and I'm optimistic of how things are going to change in the next few days.
     Today I learned that I need to wire a TV first before I mount it up on the wall, I probably should have painted the mantel AFTER i mounted the TV and I need to listen to Katie a little more and not to sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment