Thursday, April 7, 2011

Special Three Day Post

     Ok... So I know I missed a few days. I'm sure the four of you who actually subscribe to the blog don't mind. But, 4/4/11 was Ryan's birthday... On top of driving to Disneyland in the morning, going to San Fernando Valley for work, we also went out to Huntington Beach for Sushi to celebrate Ryan's birthday. Thus, 4/4/11= nothing done at the condo.
     On Tuesday, I had to work at Baldwin Park. It was nice though to be done at 3 and Katie and I got to work on the master bedroom. Our goal was to get everything in the bedroom primed and prime we did. We finished priming the bedroom in around 2 hours and went to Home Depot to get the paint to finish painting the bedroom.
     Today, I got in the condo around 1:30pm and I started painting right away. I found out that I couldn't actually figure out how to use the edger, which IS embarrassing. So I gave up on that venture and started rolling before Katie got there. As soon as Katie got to the condo, she started using the edger. We got the all the tan on the walls and began to paint the red on the west wall. For whatever reason, the paint was weird. It didn't really cover the wall and really had an uneven color. I went downstairs and cleaned out all the nasty muck that was left in the koi pond, which makes things sounds a little nicer. We finished the quart we bought (since we thought a quart could cover, the one wall) and went back to Home Depot and bought another gallon of the red color.




     We finished putting the first coat of red on the walls and ended up heading out to meet my family for dinner. We went back to the condo to give moms friend, Mary Lynn, the grand tour. Katie and I then spent around 40 minutes measuring all the kitchen counters and bathroom vanities so we can have an accurate measure when we go to shop for granite tomorrow. I guess a couple of my old math teachers were right when they said I would actually use the math I was learning. It got a little out of hand.

     Today, I would love to introduce everyone to our first pet of the house. Its a bird that has been with the house since before I even bought it. However, it was recently decided that Juan Jose will be staying with us because he adds a certain something to the garage and we like how he greets us. 

     Long day planned for tomorrow... I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment